Fountoto is one of the smallest but most beautiful villages of Argithea, nestled in the greenery at the foot of the Mariva, Leonidas, Afonisia and Delidimi mountain ranges. Rivers, mountain peaks, gorges and centuries-old fir trees make up the wild nature of the village.
At first we cross the settlement of Paleochori Fountotou, we visit the village’s school which has become a folklore museum and next to it the church of Agios Charalambos. Then we take the path through the old village rute. The path was named Avlaki of Fountotou because until 1960 when the migration started, it was used to get water from the springs of Nine Fountains up to the Paleo village of Fountotou. We walk on a beautiful green path with fir, beech and holly trees leading to the spring waters where pedestals are formed. Here we will have a picnic and then continue to the Fountotou meadows where the shepherd Makrygianni's paddock is located with a gazebo with a wonderful view of the plateau hugging the mountains. We turn and descend from the forest road through a fir forest.
- Price: 35 € per person
- Minimum participation: 4 people (if you are less contact us)
- Meeting point https://goo.gl/maps/B6C3YMrrbVCLhNq98
- Meeting time by appointment (9:00-9:30 in the summer months)
- Transfer by request
- Professional escorts
- Liability insurance
- Snack-light meal
- Special menu for gluten free eaters & vegans
- Information and Instructions
- First Aid Kit
- Clothes suitable for the season
- Small backpack for your personal items
- Hiking shoes
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Fleece or Isothermal) during the Winter Months – Simple short-sleeved T-shirt from May onwards.
- Swimwear and towel for those who wish to swim in the pedestals during the summer months
- Cancellation 5 days (or more) before the day of the activity - full refund
- Cancellation between 4-2 days before the day of the
- Cancellation 1 day before the day of the activity - no refund