LOCATION East Argithea Petrilo, Greece
DURATION 4 Hours
SEASON all year round
SPOKEN LANGUAGES Greek English German
Distance: 4 km.
Hiking duration: 2-2.5 hours
Total duration of activity: 4 hours
Degree of difficulty: Easy, couples, young people, families, children >7 years old
Basic physical condition
Fountoto is one of the smallest but most beautiful villages of Argithea, nestled in the greenery at the foot of the Mariva, Leonidas, Afonisia and Delidimi mountain ranges. Rivers, mountain peaks, gorges and centuries-old fir trees make up the wild nature of the village.
At first we cross the settlement of Paleochori Fountotou with stone-built traditional houses, then we pass by the stone-built fountain on a plateau with stone bearings. We visit the village school which has become a folklore museum and next to it the church of Agios Charalambos. Then we take the path through the old village rute.
The path was named Avlaki of Fountotou because until 1960 when the migration started, it was used to get water from the springs of Nine Fountains up to the Paleo village of Fountotou. We walk on a beautiful green path with fir, beech and holly trees leading to the spring waters where pedestals are formed. Here we will have a picnic and then continue to the Fountotou meadows where the shepherd Makrygianni’s paddock is located with a gazebo with a wonderful view of the plateau hugging the mountains. We turn and descend from the forest road through a fir forest.
- Price: 35 € per person
- Combine it with archery (from 45 € to 40 € both activities together)
- Discounts available for families with children and for groups over 10 persons
- Minimum participation: 2 people
- Meeting point in Diaselo “East Argithea”
- Meeting time by appointment (9:00-9:30 in the summer months, can be scheduled later, but we prefer morning hours avoiding the heat)
- The program during the winter months may change depending on weather conditions and team dynamics
- Pet friendly
- Environmentally friendly
- Professional escorts
- Liability insurance
- Snack-light meal
- Information and Instructions
- First Aid Kit
- Clothes suitable for the season
- Small backpack for your personal items
- Hiking shoes
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Fleece or Isothermal) during the Winter Months – Simple short-sleeved T-shirt from May onwards.
- Swimwear and towel for those who wish to swim in the pedestals during the summer months
Cancellation 5 days (or more) before the day of the activity – full refund
Cancellation between 4-2 days before the day of the
Cancellation 1 day before the day of the activity – no refund