Loggitsi is a settlement in the prefecture of Evrytania. It is located on the northern shore of the artificial lake Kremaston. We start our hike outside the village on a beautiful route initially with low vegetation. The first kilometers are coastal, in various places we pass small and large streams with wooden bridges and the path descends to Lake Kremaston. Then we climb to the village of Tsouka in a holly forest with scattered gorse trees and some points of view towards the lake.
Arriving at Ano Tsoukka further west on its edge there is the ancient fortification of "Castle Tsoukas". The top of the hill there is surrounded by a fortification from classical-Hellenistic times and the area has been designated an archaeological site. "The fortification in places is preserved to a height of 8 buildings (3.50 m). A gate of the wall and two of its four-sided towers are also preserved. Visible residential remains have been identified within the enclosure, which are associated with the use of the site in the Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods times"
The view from the castle is magnificent as we have a panoramic view of Lake Kremaston with its fjords, the picturesque villages of Evrytania and Aitoloakarnania and the mountains of Agrafa that surround it.
- Price: 30 € per person
- Minimum participation: 2 people (if you are less contact us)
- Meeting point https://goo.gl/maps/B6C3YMrrbVCLhNq98
- Meeting time by appointment (9:00 am in the summer months)
- Transfer by request
- Professional escorts
- Liability insurance
- Snack-light meal
- Special menu for gluten free eaters & vegans
- Necessary equipment
- Information and Instructions
- First Aid Kit
- Clothes suitable for the season
- Small backpack for your personal items
- Hiking shoes
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Fleece or Isothermal) during the Winter Months – Simple short-sleeved T-shirt from May onwards.
- Cancellation 5 days (or more) before the day of the activity - full refund
- Cancellation between 4-2 days before the day of the
- Cancellation 1 day before the day of the activity - no refund