LOCATION East Argithea Petrilo, Greece
DURATION 3,5 hours
SEASON all year round
SPOKEN LANGUAGES Greek English German
In this excursion we will discover the hidden paradise in the mountains of Agrafa and we will taste the traditional cuisine of the area.
First stop at the famous Bonsai of Argithea, an oak tree that has grown on a large rock in the waters of the Petriliotis river, subsequently we stop at the single arched bridge of the river. Then we visit Lake Stefaniada. An amazing water kayak route, in its turquoise calm waters, starts from the northeast side of the lake. The route is circular and ends again at the same point. We move along the coast and enjoy the wonderful natural environment. In the middle of our route we stop at the sources of the lake where we walk along the bank of the river Stefaniotis. Of particular interest are the trees that have been submerged in the lake, they can be approached and photographed by anyone who wishes. We return to the starting point, where we enjoy a meal with traditional local products, we also do not miss the opportunity to take a cool dip in its emerald turquoise waters.
Lake Stefaniada, is the newest natural lake in Greece created in 1963 by a landslide on the slope of Mount Sminikos where it fell into the river Stefaniotis. The creation of the lake marked the end of the prosperity of the village of Stefaniada as the landslides swept away many houses, while still at the bottom of the lake are the old buildings of the area.
The lake is surrounded by rich mixed deciduous forests. Plane trees grow on the shores of the lake and immediately afterwards slopes with dense oak groves begin. It hosts a variety of fish such as trout, carp, brian and perch. It maintains a unique natural beauty all year round.
- Price: 35 € per person
- Total activity: 3-3,5 hours
- Combine it with archery (from 45 € to 40 € both activities together)
- Combine it with a visit / tour of the Holy Monastery of Panagia Spiliotissa + 5 € per person
- Discounts available to families with children, students and groups of more than 10 people
- Free participation for children up to 3 years old and for the disabled
- Minimum participation: 2 people
- Degree of difficulty: easy
- Meeting point at Diaselo An. Argithea
- Meeting time by appointment (9:00-9:30 in the summer months, can be scheduled later, but we prefer morning hours avoiding the heat)
- Possibility of private activity / change from light snack to food (eg appetizers-wine)
- Pet friendly
- Environmentally friendly
- Kayaks are stable and easy to operate
- Professional escorts
- Liability insurance
- Snack-light meal
Special menu for gluten free eaters, vegans, vigans & pescetarians
- Necessary equipment
- Information and Instructions
- First Aid Kit
- Swimsuit and towel
Cancellation 5 days (or more) before the day of the activity – full refund
Cancellation between 4-2 days before the day of the
Cancellation 1 day before the day of the activity – no refund